Saturday, November 8, 2008

Except ye be converted, and become as little children...

A friend of mine told me about her precious 8 year old boy who loves and adores babies wherever he goes. Through this election, his parents decided he was old enough for them to explain the issue of abortion when it came up. The day after the election, he asked first thing, "Who won?" She found her son just sobbing as she told him it was Obama. How precious is the mind of a child whom all he could think about were all the babies that might have to die. That's love.

I remember when I was little and we watched a movie that showed Jesus having to die on the cross. I think it was a 2 or 3 night movie. The last night, I remember going to bed and just crying wondering how someone so innocent had to die. I was just so upset. I remember asking mom to be sure the movie was right. I could not believe it. I was so broken.

The mind of a child~ we should learn from them.
Matthew 18:1-4
At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying , Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? And Jesus called a little child unto him , and set him in the midst of them,
And said , Verily I say unto you,
Except ye be converted , and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

No comments: