Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Little One is Moving Out

My sweet little 3 year old wants to be with his big brothers. He has been sleeping with us since he was born. We did let each of the boys sleep with us some. Not so much the oldest. You know we followed the book with him, but with the more children we had we just kinda started writing our own book. I certainly feel like what works for each family is good. There is not right or wrong on some issues like kids sleeping with parents or not.
Well I have to say, I was wondering how we were gonna break our youngest. I still remember my 3rd asking, "Will A6 (he was A3 then) have to move out when he is 4?" He thought that was how it worked, since he had to move out then. The bed was certainly getting tight with a newborn and a 3 yr. old sleeping with us. Well I kinda had that in mind for our youngest. I thought we might stick with the 4 year old move out idea even though A6 did move on around 2 yrs. N4 does turn 4 very soon, but he is already telling me he is not sleeping with us each night. It is kind of funny how he keeps making sure I have it straight that he is sleeping with big brother, M8. For a couple nights he wanted to sleep with his big brothers but fell asleep before they did. I just put him in my bed when I found him asleep, because his big brothers were making too much noise in their room. Each morning he woke up mad at me that he was in my bed. That is what makes it funny. And in the middle of day 3 after that happening twice waking up in my bed, he said, "Now mom, I am not sleeping with you. I am sleeping with M8 tonight. Do not put me in your bed." This 3 year old, N3, can be quite demanding at times. It is a good thing he is 3 and we are thinking it is cute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww lil one is growing up time to make some more