Sunday, September 28, 2008

The large family feeling hit today.

I got home today and thought to myself, "Why am I so tired?" Then as I reflected on the day, I realized why. I woke up and got 4 boys ready for church and the fifth boy ready to go to the doctor. During our 45 minute wait until we had to leave for the doctor, I called several garden centers to find one that might have icicle pansies in yet. (I just learned these bloom all fall and are the first to bloom in spring.) Off to the doctor all to find out that A6 has Scarlet Fever. I about freaked out until the doctor explained that scarlet fever is simply Strep with a rash. Whew! That sounded a little more normal. But still we are treating it intently! After finishing with the doc, I went by Big Lots, right next to the doc office, looking for something to organize my office wires and such better. We got that done and realized I had N13's and M8's football pads in the van and would need to rush them home instead of getting the perscription filled. I got home, unloaded the organizers, got the football pads loaded in the jeep, got N13's shoes on to make him go with me to take D11 to a Birthday party and get the perscription. I did not want to leave N3 with A6 to get strep also. When we got to the birthday party, I spoke with the parents and got D11 all situated to go home with them since I would still be at N13's football game. I went home with the perscription and found out A6 wanted to go with us to the games. (Because you can buy sour candy there. :-) ) Oh, but before leaving, I could not help myself and organized half the office closet in my new bins. We headed out to catch the end of M8's game. Since M8 only gets to play in the last quarter, we were not in a hurry. We stayed for N13's game immediately following. While at the game, I videoed each play, visited with N13's friend, Zack, that came to watch and tried to keep 3 boys under my wing. M8 was so excited to join the other young brothers on the field and give out water. On the way home we picked up D11 at his friends house, spoke on the phone with Tonya B. while driving about a future trip to FL, and gave Scott a grocery list to get on the way home over the phone. This is when I walked in the door so blessed that Dad had the kitchen clean and dinner ready and was ever so thankful as I also was pondering, "Why am I so tired?" As I sat down to eat and thought of all that had happened today, I thought I'd better write this down so in the future I will remember these days. I ended my day with tucking my boys in, visiting with Aunt Betty on the phone and catching up and turning off the lights so I would not see any mess that needed to be cleaned and am now going to bed. Yae!

No comments: