As of Saturday after Christmas, we headed to Scott's parents house. Our first night there was fun catching up with all the family, eating Nana's Brunswick stew and getting into Mira's much appreciated Chocolate Rum Apple. Wow! That apple is good! The kids had fun with the traditional fireworks outside that Scott and his 3 brothers do every yr. They did it to the tune of the University of Florida's song. Elizabeth videoed it & put it on facebook. 
The next day, Anna arrived in time for Nana's delicious spread for Christmas dinner. Scott and his brothers pleasantly surprised us by doing the kitchen clean up! That was a treat. Aunt Doris dropped in for a short visit and then everyone got into presents. Once again the chaos of helping 5 children get into their presents made me put my gift to the side. I usually get to mine last. Well this leads to a funny that Vivian and I enjoyed. On our way to our traditional shopping spot, Vivian asked what I got for Christmas. I was embarrassed that I could not quite remember, but responded, "Well, give me just a second and I will remember." Then after a minute or so I remembered that I never opened my present. We got a good laugh and I had something to look forward to when getting back home. :-) It was my soft pink robe. Oh, and I was so glad to hear how much J. Anne loved her Narnia bracelet that D12 picked out. D12 and May wondered how they got each other the same gift. They still don't know. Ha ha. (moms went shopping together)
We were so excited to get a visit from Scott's cousin, Ladd and Meredith and their boys. We had our traditional night of pizza and the kids had a blast together. We found out that Ladd and Meredith like snow skiing and now we have all sorts of plans up our sleeves.
Teri, the kids and I went to visit Jon and Elizabeth's beautiful home. We saw their closets that will make anyone jealous and the kids watched movies, played on the new swingset and enjoyed a fire. Somehow I missed the fire. OK, Jon & Eliz, I forgot about our new traditon of eating dinner there with the bonfire. How did we forget? Next year!
Vivian and I secretly got Teri all set up on Facebook. 30 seconds after asking someone to be friends, she got a note from her friend. That was wild. Before we could even get Teri in there she had messages. It was fun.
Most everyone enjoyed college football EVERYDAY! I am only a gator fan, so I ran off to other things while they watched that. Like, right now, they are watching football and I am redeeming the time to journal about our Christmas at Nana's. Yes, Papa, it is Nana's house. "Papa will be there too." I still love the story of the twins singing that song. "We're on our way, we're on our way, on our way to Nana's house." Repeat that. Then they added the "Papa will be there too." Wow the twins are now 16 and driving. Do they still sing that song on the way to your house? :-)As usual, all the 16 cousins had fun for 4 days running in and out doing all that they do and us adults visited and ate and ate some more.




1 comment:
Dear Kim,
It's nice to hear about THE OUTLAWS. Really, everyone seems like such fun to be around! O.K. ....I need Nana's Brunswick Stew recipe. I've made it in "the past". What in the world is "chocolate rum apple"? If it is an easy recipe,....I could possibly use that recipe too. HINT!
Hooray for the Manly Men who gallantly cleaned up that kitchen!!
Dooo Beee De Dooo Beeee Dooooo
(Do you hear the sounds of trumpets to announce the following comment???)
To All Men Out There in the World....you guys cleaning up the kitchen,is at times, better than perfume! You Go Guys!!! And to be written up for being "good" is worth it too, right?
I love that sweet story from the past, of how the twins sang about going to "Nana's House" and that Papa would be there too! The Papa's in the World have to be good sports too about those kind of things!!!
Thanks for sharing these sweet stories!
Love,
AB
Post a Comment