I am so excited to be doing A Woman's Heart God's Dwelling Place for the 4th time! Is that crazy? I even helped lead it 2 of the 3 times I did it. They say you only retain about 10 percent of what you read, so I figure after this time, 6 more times should do it. LOL This will be the 1st time doing Beth Moore's revised version. This has been my favorite bible study of all time! I used to think the Old Testament (the books in the Bible before Jesus came) were the "old" way of doing things that has nothing to do with what we need to focus on today. How wrong I was! It is so amazing how it all works together! I found through this study that God's Word is like a treasure chest loaded with tons more cool stuff than I ever dreamed.I have 2 goals with doing it this time around. Number one, I am including my kids in what I learn. Especially my older ones. The second goal is to come away retaining a lot more to be able to share these wonderful truths without botching the story up. If you read my "N3 Gets the Concept" post on Dec. 17th, you may understand what I mean here. I don't want to "sing" the wrong words even though I get the concept. So I will try more memorization.




2 comments:
Kim,
You make me want to get the Bible Study, A Woman’s Heart, God’s Dwelling Place! I’ve heard of it from you before. Your goals are precious!
Goal #1: I love the idea of you including your sons in the Bible Study. Their future wives will be thankful to you (and Scott, of course!) for raising them in such a Godly environment! [And Scott will be there too--from the song you shared about Scott's side of the family--as they traveled to the Grandparent's home--I loved that story:)]
Goal #2: …to not “blotch up” your words---impossible!!! You have such a sweet sincerity in sharing the Good News, that your words will not go void! It’ll be the seed that we all need! So you keep studying and sharing with us out here in the world! We all need you!
In Deuteronomy 4:29 we read: But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find Him if you look for Him with all your heart and with all your soul.
May God truly bless you as your heart and soul seeks after Him….. so that you can continue to be a blessing to others!!! We are blessed to be a blessing—and you are such a blessing to everyone who has the pleasure to know you!!!
You know Kim, you Really Are Tricky!!! As I’m responding to your blog, I’m wanting to include some Bible Verses…and I’ve stopped twice now,…. going to Crosswalk.com that you taught me about, and then I’m spending time searching…..and finding what I want to include….So you see, you have me in a Bible Study right now! I have heard a million times, “we are blessed to be a blessing---and I just did a search for that…but could not find it. So maybe “We are blessed to be a blessing” is just a wonderful quote---but maybe not exactly from the Bible.
Anyway…..I’m looking forward to your new discoveries as you study, learn, and share what God reveals to you!
Love,
AB
Hi Kim, 2/10/09 I need there to be a Comment Button on the bottom of your music so that I can...comment!
Just a quick note, I'm listening to your BLOG music now [because I'm typing this in Word--as you taught me!] as we ( I )speak! : ) (smiley face)
I just copied your Philippians 4: 6 & 7 Bible Verse, enlarged it, and pasted it 4 times on a beautiful piece of blue sky-white fluffy cloud paper--so that I can cut it apart--placing it in the car, on my desk, on the frig, and on my forehead! That is a comforting verse that I especially need to remember, recall, breathe, feel, know, believe, always of course, but particularly at this time! So thanks for having so many jewels for us to grab and ponder!
Now, you sweetie--I'm hearing "When I call on Jesus..." music. I do feel like I'm in heaven when I visit your Blog!!!
I just wanted you to know that I appreciate what you are doing on your site! It is such a blessing and I know that God is sooooooo pleased with you and your sweet family--and how you strive each day to live a Godly life!
PS I love the red Valentine Hearts Decorations! It's a good thing you guys were still wearing Red from Christmas!
Now, I hope you know we expect some GREEN Shirts coming up for St. Patrick's Day!
GO SHOPPING!
Have a good day!
Love to All of you,
Even the dog!!
AB
Post a Comment