Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ice Storm 2009 ~ We Loved It!

We actually enjoyed the ice storm a couple weeks ago. We were only out of power for one day. We woke up in the morning with no power and the kids loved it! I looked over at Matthew wondering why he was up already, and he said, "Dillon woke me up to say the power was out, so I got up to see." If I would have known the power being out would be so much fun, I would have thrown the breaker myself. We enjoyed cereal, sandwiches and such throughout the day. Thankfully we have a burner on our grill, so we could boil water and make instant coffee. There really was no stuggle here. The thing I missed the most was my blowdryer. I needed a shower, but with no heat, I was afraid to wash my hair and have a wet head. We sled down the hill. Daddy stayed home due to the office closing. The boys were all excited about our smores and having the entire family sleep in the living room by the fire. We were getting all set for the night in the living room and were roasting marshmellows when the power came on about 9PM. The boys were so disappointed! We rushed to turn off the lights and keep enjoying our camp out in the living room. Scott and I did go for the heater and our own bed, but we let the boys stay in the living room that night. Sledding was totally awesome in our backyard. I have never seen such a great packed snow that felt exactly like a perfect ski slope... not too much soft snow and not too much ice. We had friends over for several days and played all week. The schools had a snow week and so did we. It was just too good to stay indoors! We would rather work into the summer than miss that!



1 comment:

anonymous said...

WHHHEEEEEEE! I feel like I just went on a neat sled ride thanks to the cool videos! I'm impressed that you know how to do that!!
I loved hearing Kim chuckle as she said,"Be careful boys!" and "Scott, don't break something!"
I didn't know that Scott could snowboard! I'm impressed! Seeing about 9 people come down the hill all at one time looked like someone was cruisen' for a bruisen'...but would be worth it all! Do you think if mailed out smores to us out here who send timely "comments"...that that would be a kind gesture on your part? I DO! I DO! You made me hungry for one of those! I'm glad you all had such a good time and have the documentation to prove it!

Thanks for sharing!!
Love,
AB