






Wow! Our first experience at family camp was awesome. Some friends of ours, the Jernigans have been so sweet to invite us many times over to join them in Michigan, and we finally got to do it. What a blessing!
We were blessed to have several families come that were from where we used to live be with us for the week. Our kids have grown up together, so they were all in heaven running around camp together with freedoms they usually don’t get to experience. The kids rented bikes and rode to a fro enjoying a 24 hour snack/game room among many other activities available.
The adults enjoyed hearing Tom Harmon twice a day most days. Wow! Scott and I were truly challenged. Here are some of the main points I got: 1. let God’s Word abide in me RICHLY (memorizing scripture and reading) 2. Listen intently to and don’t quench the spirit. 3. Walk in the Spirit and pray without ceasing. Well these points are things I thought I knew, but those messages took it to a whole new level. And since I have been back, I have paid full attention to them and wow! The difference! When we walk in the spirit and abide in His word, there is no room for sin. It actually comes naturally to not sin when God has the reigns. Wish I were in the Spirit all the time!
Here are some other fun things we enjoyed while there: Date night, Scott and I went to Lake Michigan with the Bakers. We utilized our scheduled time on the boat and had fun on the lake tubing. M9 and I joined the Baker team for kind of like a Survivor game and made it all the way to the end. Those are great memories! The boys stayed out til midnight one night playing “Smuggler”. Nicholas and Alex had a great time with our family assistant, Tim, who took them pretty much wherever they wanted to go, mainly to the playground. I enjoyed having an assistant assigned to the family for a whole week to help however needed. We played human foosball in a life size foosball “table.” 3 meals and snacks prepared for us all week. We literally did not even need snacks in our room, because they fed us so well.
Do we want to go again? Absolutely!




No comments:
Post a Comment