In the rush of life these past weeks, I made myself finally sit down to pray this morning. I started out, "Lord,..." Then my thoughts went to these verses below, namely the part in bold. (Go down and at least read the bold part.) That was truly scarey! I am thinking I have been living my life based on what I know, but not at the feet of Jesus daily. I have failed lately too in my responses to people. That scares me when I think of the foundation story below also. Convicted again! Based on these, I need to remember to humble myself under His Lordship and quit acting like my life is my own.
Matthew 6:44-49 "No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit.
Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks. "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say? I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete."
The Comparison Trap
5 days ago




4 comments:
Ok....now I'm convicted!! I've been going back and forth about leaving Middle School because of what the Lord told me through the Charles Spurgeon's quiet time about being what I need to be at home first (still going back and forth!!!) It's hard for me to leave cause I love working in there! I was thinking about chaperoning the 8th grade mission trip too! Ugh! Do you think the Lord is telling me to quit??! Hmmm...why do I battle this? Thanks for your sweet comment at the end of the post. I still haven't nailed down what I should do...I go back and forth cause I do believe I should finish my committment for this year. Sooooo??? Would love to hear your thoughts...maybe this is too easy and I"m making it complicated!
Love you girl! We all loved looking at your "snow day" pictures!!
Rene'
Really this needs a phone call. But a quick note. It sounds like you are convicted and it seems to me that if you were to stop teaching for a while you will feel like it was the Lord leading your spirit to that. If the above are both true, this feeling will either not stop or you may grow cold to it and miss God's will. I have an experience with this that is my favorite experience with God. I have been thinking of posting it soon. If the Lord is nudging at your heart on something that is just not your plan, obey and obey quickly. The plan you see as just being a "mom" may not really be His plan (the way He is thinking of it). Don't go with your thoughts. I could guess 20 reasons He may want you to step down, but they would be guesses. Some of them could actually inspire you to quit, but ultimately, He wants you to obey even if it means "your life must decrease". Once again I am just saying if your spirit is telling you it is right, don't try to quench it.
Thanks Kim for you helpful info. I'm praying for a time to inform the Middle School Pastor. I might talk with him and just share the struggle and maybe just step out for a little while to see if this is what God wants. I know once I step out, I'll know for sure whether its right or not...just like you said...I was thinking that too! (
How awesome! you got to go to the Creation Museum! How was it? We would love to go! How far are you from it? Maybe we need to come see you guys!!! LOL!!!!
Love you!
Rene' (P.S. don't know what was going on with my blog when you had trouble!...sorry for the trouble...thanks for the effort though!!! LOL)
Post a Comment